Monday, August 3, 2009

The Weekend

My, what a busy weekend. And quite a busy week ahead too. I posted a rant on my ramblings of a geek, and I might post another one soon too.

The party on Friday was very nice. We had the Price brothers, Christopher, Ben, Noah, Gabe, Sunny, and Noah and Gabe's friend Bobby. We enjoyed burgers and hot dogs along with some chips, fruit salad, pizza dip (which was a quickly devoured appetizer), and fried potatoes. After dinner, some of us sat down and talked while the others went outside to play wiffle ball in the street. When it started getting dark, everyone went inside, and the general consensus was to watch "School of Rock." After the movie, the party was over. All in all, it was a wonderful time to get together with friends and peers. I only took a few pictures, and none of them are spectucular or anything like that, so I doubt I'll post them.

On Saturday, I relaxed most of the day and read some more of my Irish book. I found it fascinating that the nobles in the early days lived in houses on artifical islands, and the possibility that the Irish aren't Celtic in blood but only in culture was very interesting and begs the question: then who are they? Sounds like another geek-out session in the making. On Saturday afternoon, we girls went to Kohls to use some gift cards that came in the mail. Mandy bought a few things, but I couldn't find anything that fit. It reminds me why I hate clothes shopping even though I like buying new clothes. I'm trying to think of ways to lose weight; my goal would be what I was before I started college, before I suddenly gained a bunch of weight last year.

On Sunday, it was lovely to be back among the church body again. Several people welcomed me back, and I received some suggestions on how to battle my ringworm from Mrs. Doster (now if I could only find the hydrogen perioxide). It was even better because potluck was after the service, so I had more time to talk to my new friend Esther Bowman. I discovered that she might be going to Christ College in the fall; we probably won't be in the same classes, but it'll be nice to have another female schoolmate because all the students currently are male. Another Christ College student told me he was looking forward to me coming in the fall, which made me more excited about it. To tell you the truth, I never felt really attached to GGC. While I made friends there, it never felt like a college that I could say "I'm going here, and I'm proud of it." I guess I was always looking forward to going to Christ College and thus never saw GGC as my home college.

Anyway, we've got a fairly busy week up ahead. Mandy is going to the oral surgeon today I guess to get the stitches removed and to get a general check-up on her mouth. Tomorrow, I'm getting my hair layered and permed. Wednesday, I might or might not go bowling. Then Friday the cousins are coming over to spend the night as a "last hurrah" before school starts.

No comments: