Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anyone Say Busy?

Busy busy. So much has happened.

I forgot to mention that on Saturday I went out with Blair to Mall of Georgia, as we hadn't seen each other since before I left for Houston. We had lunch and then walked around, talking and occasionally stopping in a store. I bought two things from Bath and Body Works (love that store!), some earrings from Claire's (a cute set of frogs for me and ones that say "dork" for Mandy... inside joke), and some socks from Gap while Blair bought herself a few shirts. It was a lovely time, and I enjoyed it.

Mom's laptop is being laid to rest. On Monday, Mom was carrying it to a kitchen counter so she could watch Law and Order: Criminal Intent while she made dinner (she does it frequently with other shows too, to catch up). I don't know exactly what happened, but the laptop fell and, as a result, has a badly cracked screen. Thankfully, we were able to plug in an extra monitor so that Mom could transfer all her files (college presentations that she was proud of, two years of Geneva at Home and Geneva work, and pictures) to various hard drives. So, the laptop may be out of commission, but we're relieved that all the work was saved, else I think Mom probably would have had a heart attack.

I babysat the Abraham kids for about half the day today, and last week I babysat the Presley kids too. I've still not received any word from my places of application, though I may try Panera soon if I don't get a response.

Still working out the details for college, but with my current unemployment, I'm getting a bit nervous. Even though Mr. Butler assured me that they would work with me financially and I don't doubt it, I don't have a steady income, which is beginning to worry me, but I have to remind myself that the economy is not good right now; I'm also reminded of the three men from my church who were let go around the same time about two weeks ago and how they have families to support. I wish I were less selfish and less of a worrywort.

Well, I've got things to do. I'm downloading ever elusive songs (why is most Celtic music so hard to find) and I've got to finish up this letter that I've been attempting to write to my former place of employment. I'm feeling giddy after hearing samples from my soon first-to-be on-line order: former Celtic Woman Orla Fallon's CD, which I should get next month. The samples sound great, and I'm chomping at the bit to listen to the entire thing.

No comments: