Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bread and Spiders

Mom picked a ripe zucchini the other day and decided yesterday to make some zucchini bread. Oh, it is delicious! Even Seth, a picky eater, likes it, which says something about it. Our garden is doing good. We've got cantelopes and watermelons growing in the hay as well as some bell peppers, some nice tomatoes (we've got a few different kinds in pots on the deck), and some green beans (also on the deck). Mom cooked up some green beans from the garden yesterday to go with our beef stroganoff, but she and Dad both agreed that they didn't taste that good, not as good as the kind we usually get though we're not sure what brand of green bean it is. I got some pictures of the garden yesterday, but I've yet to upload them.

I hate weaver spiders; I hate them. And now we have one that has taken up residence over the fern on the front porch. Looking at it gives me the heebie-jeebies. It reminds me of the time years ago when Mom and Dad watched a horror movie then went to bed and they stared at the giant shadow of a weaver spider on their wall (he had built his web over their window). Creepy stuff.

Well, enough of the creepy stuff. We're hoping to have the Butler family from church over soon so I can talk to Mr. Butler, headmaster of Christ College (he's known as "The Butler"), about my classes. We need to discuss how many classes I need and similar matters because Christ College starts up in early September sometime. I'm beginning to wonder how to manage college and a job (I've gotten no responses yet from the places I applied at last Friday) especially because Christ College is certainly not for the faint of heart (last year John Price wrote a paper that was about 30 pages long or so for one of his classes) and my classes may be up at our sister church Chalcedon (which is about an hour away from home). I pray this will be worked out and that God will show me how to handle it.

No comments: