Thursday, August 13, 2009

Phone Calls

I posted a rant on Ramblings of Geek about overzealous CW fans.

The rant aside, today was fairly interesting. Mrs. Greer and Bethany came over for lunch and then headed to Homeschool Hangout with Mom and Mandy to look for good history books. With homeschooling starting next week, everyone's busy getting ready for another school year. Speaking of which, Seth made a big decision. He's a grade behind in school and normally would be a junior this year. However, he decided on Sunday night that he wants to get school over with and graduate when he was supposed to. Thus, Seth will, in effect, take his junior and senior year at the same time. It's double the work, but it's what he wants. He and Mom are buckling down for it right now.

With the girls off to Alpharetta for book shopping, I used the time to make a few phone calls. I ordered a Scottish dress for Mandy (an early Christmas present, she said) earlier this week, but Mandy was called and told that the credit card didn't work. I called to try to straighten out the issue, but I'm afraid that the order will have to be cancelled unless wachovia gets their act together. I'm going to call them back again and try to figure this out. Anyway, I called The Butler, and we have a meeting after church to discuss fall classes. So, I'm pleased about that.

Well, I need to call the bank and get off the computer because Mandy's back and giving me the look to get off.

No comments: