Monday, August 31, 2009

Can You Say "Rain?"

I've only been home since Houston for a month, but I can certainly tell that this has been a very wet summer. It's been cloudy and raining since Friday, though I'm not complaining (and neither is Mom). Everythings looks nice and green, and Mom's carnivorous plants are loving being drowned in a few inches of water in their terrarium (they like lots and lots of water). The other plus is that it keeps the heat and humidity at bay. Sunny days often are hot, but there has been very little humidity, which is something that all Southerners must learn to live with, but I've lived in the South all my life and still hate it. This rain also makes me laugh at the memory of either last year or the year before (I want to say it was last year) when it was announced that Georgia was in the worst drought in several years and that Lake Lanier was drying up (though they failed to mention it was a human error that caused lake levels to plummet). All this talk of Georgia drying up just makes me laugh at how quickly the weather changes. Don't tell me that the world is warming up just because of a slight difference in the period of over a year; wait ten or, better yet, a hundred years then come back and tell me about trends. Idiots...

Poor Mandy's having a bad day, most likely because it's Monday and the start of a new week. However, she has a dentist appointment today (which she is dreading. I think Mandy has a fear of dentists while I have a fear of doctors because of past experiences) and in a few weeks has another visit to the oral surgeon to do something to her teeth, which she's not looking forward to. Poor Mims.

I think I've almost got everything figured out for Christ College. Classes start next Monday, which I'm ecstatic because I'm bored and want to get back onto a normal schedule like everyone else. No calls yet on a job, so keep praying about that. But, all I need to do is turn in an application to the college and turn it in soon. My first class will be Mr. Horton's New Testament class, which I'll be taking with Esther Bowman. I'm also going to take the philosophy class and the western civilization 1 class. Mr. Butler gave me a list of classes that I'll be taking, and looking at them, I'm getting stoked. They look really neat, and I'm ready to dive into them, but first I need to get the core classes out of the way, though there's not that many (as a clarification, Christ College has different core classes than normal secular colleges, but it requires a lot less of them). Nonetheless, I'm getting excited about next week and starting up again at a college where education is taken seriously and where God and His Word are also taken seriously.

No comments: