Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stupid Facebook

Ok. I enjoy using facebook because it enables me to keep up with my friends and peers. When I was in Houston, it was a primary way of communicating back home. Now, I can keep up with former fellow GGC students and friends that I made there but are unlikely to see anytime soon. Well, as you know, I like uploading my photos on facebook and posting links to them so I don't have to upload them here, which is a pain. Now it looks like I may not be able to post new pictures at all. Lately, facebook has become very advertisement centered. Granted, at least the service is free, but it's causing security problems on my computer. If I switch to a page different than my home page, then an advertisement (still unknown which one or ones it is) tries to hack past security and sets off my McAfee siteadvisor, which I like using before I go to unknown websites, especially if I'm having a geeking out session. Anyway, the advertisements are getting worse, and today I couldn't even get to update a few of my current folders or even make a new one. It's ticking me off because I really want to share the photos with my friends and family, and now I can't even do that. I've got a few last pictures of Houston (of the last storm that we had there before I left), new ones of my cats, a few of my perm (though the pics aren't very good), and the ones of the garden. Too many to upload here, and it takes too long anyway.

Well, my mind is scheming. I've got quite a few ideas for music videos to make, and I discovered my slideshow/movie software has the coolest stuff that would make the videos work. Here are the songs I've got in mind to do hopefully sometime in the future, though I'm probably forgetting a few:

"Heartless" by Kanye West
" Stupid" by Sarah McLachlan
" Sober" by Kelly Clarkson
" Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson

No comments: