Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nothing Much

Nothing much has happened in the past few days. At night, Mom and I have been working our way through watching the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy. Last night, it was "Two Towers," and tonight it'll be "Return of the King." Watching the trilogy is always good to get the story-writing juices flowing, and it makes me want to go back and re-read the trilogy again, as it's been a while since I last read it. But first, I'm finishing this book on ancient Ireland. I've also begun my second cross-stitching project. It's quite a project, as it's much different and more complicated than the apron, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

My ringworm is getting a bit fainter, and I think it's getting better. Yesterday while at Nutrition Depot (the place where we get our vitamins and natural remedies), Mom and I asked the lady behind the counter what she recommended (the tea tree oil is fine, but it's taking a while). She opened a book and went on about some of the remedies. An interesting one was putting honey over the infected areas, cutting open garlic and laying it over the honey, then binding it all over with gauze. I might have to try it one day. Another recommendation was oil of oregano (the stuff works... really), so when I got home, I realized a little providence. In Houston, I had to buy soft gel oil of oregano capsules because they were the only thing the store had, which meant taking three on Sundays to get the full dosage. So now I have a whole bunch of softgel oil of oregano with no real use for it... until yesterday. I cut open the soft gels and let the liquid fall over the infected areas. Boy, did it tingle, which is a good sign that it's killing something. But then, if oil of oregano can purify sewage water, I think it can kill a fungus. I applied it twice yesterday, and I believe that it is helping. However, I can't explain it, but it only tingles on my left arm. On my right arm and my chin, it does not tingle or does it very faintly and not for very long. Anyway, I'm going to use the oregano pills as long as it takes to kill this infection.

Oh, yesterday I got my hair done. It has been permed and lost a little length, but it's cute. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I'll try to get a couple.

No comments: