Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mom and the Eye

For those of you who know Mom, you'll know that she hates eyeballs. She can dissect anything except one of those. Yesterday, Mr. Butler brought in Halloween candy to school (which he took some from his kids) for us three students who were there. Among the candy were two eyeballs made of candy, the weirdest and grossest thing I've ever seen. I mentioned that Mom hated eyeballs, and Ben C. decided to play a little good-natured joke on her. He opened the package (with great difficulty) and approached her as she was taking out the garbage. He held it out and said something like "I found this. I think the kids may have found it somewhere." The look on Mom's face was priceless. Especially when Ben ate it. Mom thanked me for telling my classmates that she hates eyes. It was funny.

No comments: