Friday, September 11, 2009

Trip to the Vet

Fuzz did come home again last night, still not acting like his normal self. Mom decided to take him to the vet, which was a cause of concern to me because the last time we did that for a sick cat we had to put him down. God be praised that this time it was not the case. We were riding to the vet's office when I noticed that something smelled bad. Mom informed me that Fuzz had a case of horrendous bad breath, so I held my nose until we got there. We arrived early but were able to see the doctor without any waiting at all because no one else was there. The doc looked into Fuzz's mouth, after several attempts to hold him still, and (feel free to skip this sentence if you are of a weak constitution) determined that part of his tongue was missing, like it was cut. I think he hadn't seen anything like it before, and we were puzzled as to how it happened. But, we did determine that the cut did cause an infection in Fuzz's mouth, giving him bad breath and making him lethargic. Probably also explains why Boo and Oatmeal, who usually like being close to Fuzz, haven't been with him for a few days. We got an antibiotic shot for him then picked up some flea stuff for the rest of the cats. I'm very thankful that Fuzz is ok, and I hope the shot works quickly. The cats, surprisingly, took their flea medicine well (except Socks), which was unusual because usually Boo and Claws panic at the first sign that they're getting it.

So while the Fuzz problem has been solved, there's another cause for concern. Trouble hasn't been home in over a week, and there's been absolutely no sign of him. If a cat is gone from the house more than three days, it makes Mom and me worried, and a week is too long. I hope he comes home soon.

I got my first textbook today for my New Testament survey class, and it looks like a fairly easy read. My history textbook has also been ordered, but the rest of my books are another matter. Later we'll try to order them, but Mom wants to make some comparisons between new and used first.

Classes were good this morning. Mr. Butler accidentally mixed up history and philosophy, so we had the classes in reverse order. We spent 30 minutes of philosophy messing around on amazon and half.com to find cheap copies of our history textbook, and then John, Mr. Butler, and I studied some population maps in the room, having interesting discussions about it.

Gotta dash. The Murphys are coming for dinner tonight, and we gotta get ready.

No comments: