Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dinner with the Butlers

Yesterday was a bit hectic with preparing two meals and cleaning the house, but we made it. We had the Butler family over for dinner last night, and we had a wonderful time. Mom made grilled chicken kabobs, twice baked-potatoes, and rolls, while Mrs. Butler brought a salad. For dessert, there was a nutter butter banana trifle that Mom served in individual glasses. It was a lovely evening. Mr. Butler is hilarious, and I'm looking forward to having him as a teacher. The Butlers had to leave fairly early to get their kids in bed, but next time we'll try to have them over in the afternoon.

I turned in my application for Christ College this week and have figured out my schedule. I'm still staying with three classes because 1) I want to see how many I can handle and 2) because I'm still looking for work and thus want to leave my evenings open. No word yet on the job, but I'm hoping next week to find time (as this week was very busy) to talk to the night supervisor at Chick-fil-A. My classes this semester will be history of western philosophy, western civilization history 1, and New Testament survey (which I have with Mr. Horton while the other two are with Mr. Butler I believe). I'm getting really stoked about my classes. My first one is on Monday evening (because this class is once a week and not having it would remove one week of the class), but the school officially starts on Wednesday. Today I'm hoping to pick up a few school supplies (three notebooks and some pens), and I'm going to try to find one of my textbooks on-line today. As I said, I'm really excited about it.

Well, gotta go. Mandy wants a turn on the computer, and I promised her a turn.

No comments: