Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Whew! What a day. I sure am tired. No staying up late tonight. It sure was busy today between the lake and the first night of college.

We arrived at the lake around 2:15 and originally planned on playing some games on a green area on the other side of Buford Dam. However, we quickly realized it was too crowded, so we went on the other side of the Dam to go swimming. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Not too hot and not cold either; quite pleasant, actually, and the water was not cold at all. It was a small group of people: the Price brothers, we three Cunningham kids, cousins Noah and Gabe who brought along their friend Bobby, and Ben Castle. The boys had fun playing "dead or alive" which requires throwing a ball and then catching it. It's definitely a man's sport, and Mandy and I moved to the sidelines to avoid getting trampled by the water buffalo herd chasing the tennis ball. After that, they decided to try a water version of wiffle ball that quickly failed so they moved on to other things. I took pictures and talked with John P. and Ben C., as we're all Christ College students. I got a few pictures of Mandy and Noah that if you zoom up on them... well, let's just say they're not very flattering and make Noah look like a vampire, even though he was just tormenting poor Mandy. Anyway, around 4 PM, we went to the Prices' house for homemade ice cream. Noah, Gabe, and Bobby got lost, so we spent a while trying to give them directions, but they're just not good with them. Dad arrived at 5 PM to pick us up, but Mrs. Price convinced him to stay for the peach ice cream. Oh, that ice cream was delicious! Then we drove home, where I had to dash into the shower and grab some pizza so I wouldn't be late for my class.

I arrived in the nick of time, a minute before class was to start. This is the New Testament survey class, basically an overview of the New Testament. Because it's only once a week, we have three hours of class time. I'm looking forward to getting into the material next week, and I know already that I'm going to be busy. I have to buy a book, read three chapters, and then read the book of Matthew by next Monday. And then I have to begin planning for a five-page paper that will be due within the next month or so, as the outline is due in two weeks. But, hey, nice way to start the new semester, with a bang.

Well, I have to order that book so I can get it to finish my assignment. My next classes are on Wednesday, so tomorrow I more or less have the day off except for knocking out some of my homework. Tomorrow, Seth is taking his driving test for his license, so pray that that goes well for him, as he's really been wanting to get it all summer.

No comments: