Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fuzz

I'm a bit concerned about our brown-orange cat Fuzz. He was gone for a few days then unexpectedly showed up last night looking all scared, and he had something brown all over his nose (though when I touched it later, nothing came off). He ate and then settled down on the couch, where he kept shifting his position and sleeping lightly for the rest of the evening. Another odd thing is, he wouldn't stop purring. Fuzz, by nature, is a very lovable cat with a recognizable purr, but he was purring for a long time even when we weren't petting him or showing affection. When I gave him a little rub before I went to bed, he was awake but felt colder than usual, which he has felt before though it was only once a few months ago. This morning he wouldn't shut up meowing while I was trying to sleep, so I summoned him for some love, which he enjoyed before jumping down. When I woke up at 9:30, he was not in the house, so I guess he got outside again. Or he's hiding. He peed in the bathtub again (I know it's him. There was no pee when he was gone), which he only does when he's sick. So, I'm concerned about him.

I had my first day of classes at Christ College yesterday, and they went well. There are four total in my history of philosophy and in my western civilization classes: Ben C., John, myself, and a guy from our sister church Rodney. Mr. Butler teaches both of these classes, and he has a hilarious sense of humor and being politically incorrect. The only thing left for me to finalize is the financial payments, which I have one method in mind that I need to ask Mr. Butler about. Once that is settled, then I can buy the rest of my books. The public library system, I discovered, is a joke. I checked them out to see what books I could borrow from there, but only one out of nine could be found there. Barbarians... don't stock Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, or CS Lewis.

Well, I need to keep the laundry going. Mom and the kids are at the church for Geneva-at-Home and the science class that Mom teaches to a few of Geneva's now-homeschooled students, and I use this time to clean... and download music.

No comments: