Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nothing Much

Nothing much has happened since my last post. Fuzz is wandering still, though he comes home in the evenings to eat and sleep. Trouble came home last week and has been hanging around ever since then, which is rare for him.

College is going well. I did much better on my Bible quiz last night, and I have a better idea of what the class will be like. I also know how to operate the camera that the teachers use to record their lectures for long-distance students. I've ordered all my books but have yet to get any except the book for Bible class. I'm looking forward to the few lectures on ancient history because they will be given by Mr. Price, the one who really got me into ancient history with his lectures on the Ice Age and mammoths sailing through the air. On Monday, there was a hilarious comment in class. Mr. Butler was talking about western philosophy and asked us what "the West" was.

Mr. Butler: So, what is in the West?

Ben C. : Numenor?

Mr. Butler: Ok, Gandalf.

Inside Lord of the Rings joke, but we cracked up.

Well, right now I'm not very happy with nanowrimo (National November Writing Month). I signed up this afternoon in the hopes of handwriting a short novel of 50,000+ words between November 1st and November 30th, and now I can't access my account or even find my name. Not sure what's going on, as I was looking forward to coming up with a new story idea and then writing it albeit slowly. Maybe one of the forum members-going-to-participate-in-the-contest-too will have an idea of what's going on.

Can't chat long. Mandy wants to get on. With only two working computers now, there's a lot more comp sharing largely between Mandy and me. Speaking of Mims... she went to the oral surgeon yesterday to have one of her teeth uncovered, and she's been in some pretty bad pain ever since then.

Gotta go... little sis is giving me the look.

No comments: