Friday, February 29, 2008

Life

Well, nothing much has changed. However, today or tomorrow, there will be a little excitement in the air. Grandma Gail generously bought new mattresses for Mandy and me (we're very excited about them), and so Mom and Dad went to Ikea last week. Ikea is a great furniture store with good prices. It is so much fun to go to. They looked at some beds, and it's been decided that Mandy and I are getting new beds! It will take some reorganization of our bedroom, but we're excited about it since we're also getting new bed covers as well. Seth is also getting new covers, and it appears that Mom and Dad will get a new mattress and maybe a new bed as well. We're planning on going to Ikea either tonight or tomorrow and picking up our new furniture and then setting it up.

Otherwise, life has been normal for us Cunninghams. I've had a stupid cold for over a week now, and it's driving me crazy. Mandy's been having a lot of fun with her new camera. She's been filming hilarious short videos of the students at Geneva and taking funny pictures. Mom took her biology midterm on Wednesday, and her biology lab has been giving her grief. Chemistry and its lab had also been giving me grief, and my midterm grade would have been either a D or an F. So, today, I am withdrawing from the class because it's going too fast for me and I'm having trouble keeping up. Next semester, though, I am planning on taking chemistry again, this time a class that meets more than once a week. My digital media class had its second test on Wednesday, and I got a B, which pushes my midterm grade up to an 85, compared to the C I had when I first started the class. College is going pretty well, and withdrawing from chemistry will certainly take a load off.

Last weekend, Seth, Mandy, and myself went to the Howlands' farm for our monthly youth group. It was a gorgeous day, and we had fun taking walks, riding in the boats on the pond, and talking. I'll be sure to post some pictures as soon as I upload them to the laptop.

Oh, and another note about college. I'm quietly boycotting the cafe that all the students eat from. Why? Because there are bugs in the kitchen. When a classmate saw the bugs too and called someone about it, they said "oh, it's just fruitflies." Maybe genetically altered fruit flies, but I know that's not what they are. Gross, to say the least. So, I have not been ordering any of the sandwiches, since the bugs were spotted near the sandwich makers. I've been eating a bagel for lunch. Besides boycotting the kitchen, a bagel is much cheaper than the usual sandwich (which costs $5) and it saves me money on my little "credit card" with its limit of $200 for a whole semester of food. Impractical. I wonder how people who buy both the sandwiches and the drinks everyday at the cafe can afford it.

Well, there's nothing else I remember to talk about. Today, I'll take pictures of our the unaltered rooms. And, after we've reorganized everything and added the new furniture, I'll take more pictures. Then, I'll be able to share them with you on this blog.

No comments: