Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mandy's 14th Birthday

Last Friday, Mandy began her birthday celebration. She had about ten or eleven of her friends over, and they went to the ice-skating rink, where they skated for a few hours. After skating, the girls all came to our house for dinner. We enjoyed fried rice, and for dessert we all enjoyed frozen cream puffs. The girls each made a scrapbooking page with pictures taken at the rink, and they watched the newest version of "Hairspray." After the party, I discovered a new program on my computer that allows me to make slideshow/ videos, and ever since I have made about four of them.

On Tuesday night, we five went to Steak and Shake for Mandy's birthday dinner. After dinner, Mandy opened her presents. Among them was a camera (which she absolutely adores) and a bag for it and a pretty teacup.

I've been doing ok in school. I've got my first chemistry test coming up, and I'm a bit worried about it. I got a good grade on a recent digital media quiz. Seth and Mandy have been doing good as well. Seth got his driver's permit this week, and he's been proud of it. Tonight, we five went to Longhorn Steakhouse to celebrate Grandpa Mike's and Mandy's birthdays. We go once a year, and tonight we had a blast. The food was delicious, and we all enjoyed hanging out with our extended family.

No comments: