Friday, February 15, 2008

Around Here

Nothing much has happened around here since Mandy's birthday last week. Mandy's asthmatic cough returned last week, but this week she seems to be doing better. She's only had to sleep on the couch one night, which is a first for that cough. And now, the cold has transfered to me while Seth remains healthy, as usual.


This week, Seth and Mandy got their five-week progress reports. Overall, they are both doing well. Mandy has really improved since last semester, and we're proud of her rising grades. Today, the two of them are going to O'Charley's with all their classmates and a few teachers. For what occasion, I know not. I think it has been somewhat confirmed that in late March, the school will be taking another trip to Virginia. Dad has been asked to be a chaperone, but sadly he won't be able to make it. In April, I also believe that the school is making a movie. Mandy, from what I hear, is the fashion consultant. Beyond that, I don't know what the movie is about or what is actually going on.


Seth has been practicing driving. This week, Mom has let him drive through our neighborhood while we're on our way home. Someday this week (I believe it was Tuesday), Seth was driving when Mom said "slow down, Seth!" And Mandy pointed out that Seth was only going twenty miles an hour. On Sunday, he drove through the neighborhood but had some trouble since the van is a more "powerful" car than Dad's car.


College has been doing fine. My geography class has done nothing beyond inventing a new game (which is stupid, in my opinion, even though one group did invent a cool new game), giving talks on islands (which have varied from boring to very interesting), and watching movies. This'll be an easy class to pass, I'm sure. My English class has moved away from our Indian-Spanish topic and is now learning how to write essays and how to do research. Today will be our last discussion of "A Small Place," a book we recently read. Digital media has still been tricky. Some days are good, and some days aren't. The class recently had to do a podcast, but I wasn't able to do it due to complications with the software. On Wednesday, I had my first chemistry test. I was panicked the day before and the day of the test because I was having problems with stoichiometry. I wasn't alone, as many of my classmates were convinced that we were all headed for the slaughter. However, we were relieved when the teacher helped explain some of our issues and when the test didn't turn out to be that bad. I'm still waiting for a grade, although I fear I may not get it until next Wednesday. My chemistry lab is going to conduct an experiment concerning lead around the GGC campus, so yesterday we started working on that project.


Last Saturday was busy for us Cunninghams. We girls cleaned the church and then we went shopping. At Wal-Mart, Mandy and I decided to go clothes shopping. We found cute tunic-tops that we adored and some leggings to go with them, but Mom said no to the leggings because the tops were too short. Mandy ended up buying a Valentine's Day gift for Bethany, and I bought the top and some new headphones. On Sunday, we had the Greer family over for lunch after church. We had a good time, and the kids filmed three short movies at the remains of the house behind ours.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'll be sure to post more if I can think of it.

No comments: