Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What's Up

It's been a crazy and busy few weeks since I lasted posted. There's so much to say, and I hope I remember everything.
I think I'll first start with our trip to Ikea two weekends ago. We were going to go on Friday night, but Dad got home later than expected so we decided to go on Saturday. That night, Dad took down the bunkbeds in mine and Mandy's room, so Mandy and I slept on our mattresses on the floor that night. On Saturday, we ran a few errands in the morning and drove Grandpa Mike's truck downtown to Ikea. When we got there, we ate lunch at the cafeteria. Everyone except Dad had chicken fingers and french fries while Dad had Swedish meatballs. After lunch, we began picking up our stuff. Finding comforters was a challenge for me and Mandy since we needed to pick comforters that had the same color coordination. We eventually found them. After we took our three cart loads to the check-out lanes, the trouble began. The credit card did not allow us to make the purchase, so we had to buy each cart's contents individually. After finally paying, we went outside and loaded up the truck. By the time we left the parking garage, one hour had passed since we had arrived at the check-out lane. When we got home, Mandy and I discovered that our comforters were actually covers for comforter quilts and we didn't have the quilts; to solve the problem we just stuffed our old comforters into the cover quilts. While Mom, Mandy, and I cleaned up the church, we learned that there were more problems with Ikea. Firstly, an important part of Mom and Dad's new queen-size bed was not included in the box, and secondly, there were no slats for my bed or for Mandy's bed. Later that evening, Mom and Dad went back to Ikea and got the needed parts. It was so weird sleeping in a new bed that night. About 3/5 of us Cunninghams had trouble sleeping that first night, but we've grown quite accustomed to our mattresses. My new mattress is hard, but I love it! It's so quiet and doesn't make noise, and it doesn't slope like my old one did. I also love my new bedsheets and my new bed. I would post pictures of the new rooms, but my camera battery is dying and my charger is missing. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Mom had spring break from college last week, and mine is this week. Yesterday and today, I babysat the little Abraham girls. Yesterday, there was a scare when the youngest, little Kiera, bonked her head pretty good while going down the slide. When she started getting a big purple bump on her head, her parents took her to the ER for a CT scan. Thankfully, nothing was wrong and she is still smiling and jabbering as normal. Avalyn wore me out by asking me to dance and bounce with her, and I'm going to sleep well tonight. Over this spring break, I'm planning on working on my research paper for English class and finishing two digital media projects. I forgot if I mentioned this, but I dropped chemistry class because I had an F and was not understanding the material.

The weather's been warming up down here. On Saturday, however, there were snow flurries that lasted on and off all morning. However, there are days when it's 70 degrees though the nights and mornings are still cold. I'm ready for winter to be over and for the plants and green things to come up. It looks so dead and lifeless out here.

Saturday was busy. Mandy and I both had money, and we wanted to go clothes shopping. We went to Kohls, where I bought a cute tank top, a yellow shirt, and a semi-casual dress, and Mandy got a tank top and some pink and black shorts that scream "Mandy" all over them. We also went to Old Navy, where I got a summer nightdress, although Mandy didn't get anything. On our way home, while Mom was in the store, Mandy went to Cato, her favorite clothing store. She got herself two shirts and a cute yellow skirt.

But Saturday was also perplexing. It seems that both of our cars and the house conspired against us at the same time. The van's starter was acting screwy, and Dad's car is not running on all cylinders like it should. While Dad was struggling to fix both cars, he discovered a leaky pipe under the house. We fixed the pipe, and the starter was just loose, which was an easy problem to fix.

Oh, and one last thing. Bethany Abraham finally finished editing Jake and Brittny's wedding pictures. If you want to see me as the short little bridesmaid, here are some pics below.
























1 comment:

Brittny said...

the trees are blossoming--not so lifeless any more! hope they don't go and get frozen to death. You don't look so short at all (after the first picture=)!