Thursday, March 27, 2008

Events of This Week

The big event for this week was Mom's 40th birthday. On Monday night while Mom was at classes, Dad, Mandy, and I went to get her birthday presents. Dad couldn't find her a birdhouse at Home Depot, but Mandy and I found the CD "Raising Sands" that Mom wanted. When we got home, Mom was already there, so we had to hide the CD in my pajama drawer. On Tuesday morning, Dad went early to Wild Birds Unlimited, Mom's bird store, and picked up a bluebird house for her since she's been wanting one. He also delivered a dozen red roses to her at school, and they are sitting in a vase on her desk, adding further color and life to the classroom. After Dad got home, we gave Mom her CD and her birdhouse, then we went to Zaxby's for dinner. We then went to Blockbuster and picked up a few movies. We all watched "Dan in Real Life," a cute movie we all enjoyed, and Mom and Mandy watched "The Mist," which neither of them liked.

This week has also been the week of sickness. On Monday night, Bethany Abraham called and asked if I could watch Kiera the next day while she took Avalyn, who was coughing, to the doctor. On Tuesday morning and early afternoon, I watched Kiera, who is almost two and is such a cutie. On Tuesday night, I had a bit of a sore throat but didn't think about it. On Wednesday, I didn't feel so well, and I have a bit of a cough and a runny nose.


Tuesday, besides being Mom's birthday, also meant two dentist appointments for Dad and me, as both us were getting crowns. Dad got his permanent on, and I got a temporary. It was an agonizing experience. The dentist kept shoving bad-tasting cement in my mouth and told me to "open wider!" No mercy for a small-mouthed person. The numbing effect didn't seem to want to work, as I had to get two shots to feel numb, but the numbness lasted less than an hour after my appointment, so I was not feeling great afterwards. Thankfully, the pain died away in time for dinner at Zaxby's. It is weird to have something new in my mouth and also to chew on the right side and not the left. On April 10th, I go back to get the permanent crown. Oh, and I don't want to forget that next week, over Geneva's spring break, Mandy is getting braces. I'll be sure to get pictures of her mouth.


And, much to my happiness and relief, I found my battery charger for my camera! It was under the hutch, where the stupid cats most likely pushed it under there. But, now I have some pictures of the new beds. Speaking of the beds, we are not the only ones ejoying them. The cats have been loving the new mattresses. Sometimes, at night, I get three cats on my bed and during the day, the cats love sleeping on Mom and Dad's new bed.

2 comments:

Brittny said...

cute Bed spreads.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.