Monday, May 3, 2010

So Far...

Nothing monumental has happened since my last post. Work continues to keep me busy; Seth is now working at Radiant too, and it'll be competition time for us... hehe. Our boss Andrea's got us busy, as we've got four hundred time clocks to build by the end of June (not to mention other peripherals that we've got to make as well during that time. But, with four temps including myself and Seth working in our area, I think we'll manage). Not sure if I'll manage waking up at 5:45 AM each morning and going to bed at 10 PM (too early for me and my night-owl ways).

I'm working on getting ready for Georgia State in the fall. I've applied for financial aid and have determined that living on campus is out of the question (the bus seems to be my transportation, but we'll have to see). Next Friday I'm going to an orientation downtown, where I hope to sign up for my classes and become accustomed with my new campus. Journalism majors are required to have a minor, so I'm choosing anthropology (it fascinates me, and it's more of something for me to have fun with then actually do something with).

I can't believe I'll be 21 tomorrow. I don't feel like 21; sometimes I don't even feel like I'm 20. And, no, I'm not planning on having a celebratory drink or anything like that; being a tee-totaler by choice because I don't like alcohol, nothing much will change in that regard. I'm not making any big plans for my birthday, as I've got work on the brain (work pays for college), beyond the usual stuff that we do for everyone's birthday (favorite dinner cooked by Mom, favorite restaurant on another night).

No comments: