Sunday, May 16, 2010

Skype and Turning 21

Ok, well now I'll finally post about the big event of turning 21. The stress of Friday melted away from everyone when we went to the Bowmans' house for dinner. We all had a blast, and we kids learned a dance called the "clumsy lover". I think there's hope for me to overcome my clumsiness and two left feet yet. We kids also spent the night with them then the next morning went with them to help a family from our church move. It was a really nice weekend altogether and very providential, I believe, that we fellowshipped with fellow church family on the same day everyone was stressed out and worried. It was an excellent way to loosen up and be relieved of the day's burdens.

And now, on to the main event. I woke up on May 4th not feeling any different, just groggy and not wanting to get up to go to work at 5:45 AM. Work was normal that day with nothing extraordinary happening. After work, Seth and I came home to find my birthday dinner. I had had a tricky time figuring out what I wanted Mom to make, so I settled on salisbury steak (more like hamburger cooked in a kind of broth and onions then set on top of French bread), which was absolutely delicious. Dessert was sort of humorous, actually, because I had been thinking of banana pudding a few days earlier but had not said anything, and that was the dessert Mandy chose to make (and it also was excellent). My birthday present came on Thursday, as I was fully expecting to have to wait for it because it was a big-ticket item. That evening, while Seth and Mandy were off at youth group, Mom and Dad went out for a few hours then came back with a box. And, inside it, was a beautiful HP laptop, the same one Mom has. I stayed up a little late to get a few things installed, but the next day I had fun installing the rest. I absolutely love my new laptop. I now don't have to switch between computers carrying my hard drive if I want to work on something, and... I also have a webcam!

So, yes, I did install skype on my new laptop. I'm not giving out my username for just anyone, so if you want it (I'll only give it to people I know) either e-mail me or leave a comment (I control the comments, so I won't post ones about your usernames).

So, a big thank you to my family for my new "toy". I love it and am looking forward to using it for school this fall.

No comments: