Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snow in December?

Snow in Georgia is unheard of most years, and even then it usually appears in January or February for a day or so before disappearing and leaving some of us disappointed and the entire state in a panic mode like we just got slammed with the biggest blizzard the world has ever seen (yes, this is how people in Atlanta react to snow). Now there's rumors circulating around that we might get our first snow tomorrow, but it's expected to be only some light snow flurries. Still, I wouldn't mind a nice little snow shower myself. But, as some old-timers around here have pointed out, Georgia generally gets a big snow roughly every twenty years, and we're about due for another one. Judging from this unusually cold weather, I hope it's this winter.

And this isn't to get anyone's hopes up, but I'm looking at a free book copy of my two fantasy novels right now. Because I won nanowrimo this year, I got to get a free hard copy of something I've written. I do have the option to sell it on amazon, but I'm not going to do that because... well, frankly, because neither of my novels are ready for publication or public consumption; both are still a bit ghastly and need several more years of work done to them. I've uploaded the picture of my book on facebook, so check it out if you're interested. Even though it's more like a rough draft, it's still nice to have something bound and looking almost like a real published book.

No comments: