Thursday, April 9, 2009

Seth's 17th B-Day

Ok, so I finally stopped being lazy and posted several pictures on the slow-working Facebook, so I'll have several pics to share.

Last Saturday afternoon, Uncle Josh and his crew got together with us to celebrate Seth's birthday. We met at Jillians' and then began the game, most of us participating. The game was fun until three of the bigger balls (which Dad and Uncle Josh were using) were eaten, and so we had to wait fifteen, twenty minutes until someone came and got them out (we've decided to go to Oasis next time, and not Jillians'). Seth used his birthday present (a dark blue bowling ball), and Mandy got a chance to use her new one as well. We all did fairly well, as we all had our highs and our lows. Noah and Gabe started off very poorly but ended finishing very well. Dad ended up winning the game, and that's all I remember about the scores. After the game, we came back to the house for dinner. Our neighbors CJ and Vaneigh came over and wanted to come in, but they settled for playing in our yard and attempting pull-ups on the porch. Supper was delicious, as Mom made country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, green beans, and biscuits. We kids outside while the adults sat inside. Mandy kept getting annoyed and twitchy with a carpenter bee that was in the vicinity, and it was a task to get Rivers to eat her food. I went inside, and then the kids took a walk, but not before Seth opened up his birthday present, a new knife. We could have hung out for a long time together, but it was a Saturday night so Uncle Josh and his crew left around nine or so. We had a good time together, and I hope we get to get together more.

Here are pictures from Seth's birthday.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69759&id=603748360&l=187d6147e1

Here are pictures from the recent clan gathering.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69757&id=603748360&l=4cf1c35249

Here are random spring pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69754&id=603748360&l=72b5a8bf38

Here are a few pics from the Celtic Woman concert. We took them in the garage outside the theater, as I didn't want to take my camera inside, after hearing a story about one of the tour managers taking a fan's camera at a venue a few years ago.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=69753&id=603748360&l=7748e49cc9

On an unrelated note, I hate pollen. I don't think I've ever had spring allergies before, but right now my nose is clogged up, my sinuses hurt, and just in general feel sick. I've taken my vitamins, but they don't seem to be helping, which is why I believe this is the pollen and not a cold. I love spring and its beautiful yet tricky weather (comes from living in the South, I guess), but the pollen and sap are not a favorite around here. The weather has been acting unpredicatable. Sunday was gorgeous, but Monday and Tuesday were bitter cold and the temp actually dropped around freezing on those days. Then yesterday it warmed up, and today it's warm again. I hope there's not another bout of cold weather, as I'm ready for it to warm up permanently. On the other hand, it makes us laugh about supposed global warming and it's freezing in April. Oh, and there were snow flurries on Tuesday, which is extremely unusual for Georgia in April, but they didn't stick and the brief showers were on and off for an hour before disappearing.

Well, excuse me. I've got to blow this stupid nose of mine.

P.S. Please tell me if the links to facebook don't show any pictures. Facebook's been acting weird lately.

No comments: