Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I don't have much time, but I'll share a few interesting tidbits.


First, I've become totally fascinated. I used to love astronomy when I was younger, and that has sorta been replaced with ancient history. Lately, I've been enjoying my astronomy class, as it has awoken my former geekiness in astronomy. Yesterday, Dr. La mentioned something called the heliosphere, which has something to do either with the extent of the sun's gravity or something like that, and also Voyagers 1 and 2 having passed boundaries of part of said heliosphere. He didn't talk much about it, so I went on-line after class and did some research of my own. I'm fascinated with the whole thing, but then anything mysterious and unknown fascinates my geeky brain.

Second, I've been a bit social at school and with friends. A few weeks ago, GGC had a pool party to celebrate the indoor pool being opened. I must be frank, but the party completely stank. They brought in an aerobics teacher and had the twenty or so party guests get into the moderately warm water and do water aerobics. Some of the guests, including myself, stopped the aerobics at a certain point and sat on the edge. So, by the time the aerobics was done, I had little energy left for casual swimming. I left about thirty minutes before the party was over, as aerobics had taken up most of the two hour slot for the party, but I wasn't sad I left. I think the pool party was just a front to get people to do aerobics. Anyway, last Saturday, there was a better social event: Ben Greer's 18th birthday party. We arrived at his house around 4 PM and stayed until about 9 PM or so. We had a blast playing catch phrase, paper telephone, twister, and then the boys played some pranks on Mandy and Bethany during dinner, including dropping a bean or two on their heads or trying to throw stuff into their unprotected cups. All in all, it was a wonderful party. The party pictures are at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=55315&l=d19ae&id=603748360

Third, it seems that there's either been sickness or pain in the family for the past few days. On Friday, Seth began having a dull pain right above his left eye. It went away on Friday night (while he was playing the Wii that a friend brought over while she spent the night with Mandy), but it returned full-force on Saturday. Mom and Dad thought it might have been a sinus infection, so they gave him an oil of oregano, and he perked up quickly. However, it returned to haunt him late Saturday evening at Ben's party. We were going to take him to the doctor yesterday, but he was feeling fine so we didn't. So far, we don't know what it is/was. Meanwhile, Mandy, probably due to running around on Friday and Saturday, caught a cold that has made her nose run like crazy and given her a little fever. She wanted to dry up her nose, so she took some Benadryl at school yesterday. Bad idea. Mandy was falling asleep during school, and she slept deeply in the car when Mom picked me up from school. She was doing all right this morning, but we'll have to see if she can fight it off with vitamins.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure to remember something and post it eventually.

No comments: