Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Frustrations

This may sound odd, especially for me, but I'm looking forward to this semester being over. Why? Well, let's put it this way: I am getting tired of my teachers acting like idiots and am also getting tired of taking these stupid required classes that sounded cool at first but aren't interesting. Plus, there are a few other reasons, but those are mostly personal rants against GGC though one is a bit more personal.

First, the idiotic teachers. I mentioned last week how much I'm enjoying the astronomy class. Last Wednesday, that ended. It began to go downhill when we did our weekly lab: scaling down the solar system. My team had trouble with the required math and when a classmate came over to help, one of the girls was looking at the paper and copying down some of the answers when Dr. La snatched it from her and said "that's cheating." Plus he was completely unclear about the assignment and what we would turn in, despite him claiming he had already told us. Then it got worse. I used to think that Dr. La was a Buddhist, which I had no problem with, but that quickly changed; I think he's a believer in that Star Wars religion. Why? Because he keeps claiming that Star Wars is real, George Lucas is an alien, and other related stuff. Keep in mind this is not a joke; I think he actually expects us to believe it too, though thankfully I don't think any of my classmates have bought into his weird ideas. It is so sad that I love astronomy but that this class is completely ruining it for me. The next class I'm not enjoying is government, mostly because I feel like I've taken it several times already (US history in 10th grade, government/economics in 12th grade, and US history I last semester), plus I get all my information mostly from Dad, who often sends me articles or things on the like. I'm not enjoying psychology either, mostly because the teacher seems nervous most of the time and because the class seems to be more about human anatomy and mathematics than psychology. And bringing a sheep's brain to class with it dripping and saying that Thursday we'll see sheep eyes is a bit stomach jumping; I'm not a biology student, so why must I see those things? That is the reason I refused to take biology in college: dissections. Yuck. Anyway, I must change the subject before my stomach gets too queasy. The only class I'm really enjoying right now is US History II, but sadly I only get it once a week. So just, the past week has been really rough dealing with these classes. Hence, I am ready for the semester to be over so I can Lord willing go to Christ College in the fall and get a good quality education, one that doesn't melt my brain or talk about the stupidest things. Hopefully it'll get better in the next few weeks. I'm hoping that my earth science teacher Dr. Purcell is good because I've only had him once; it'll partially help to make up for the environmental trash and Star Wars history I'm getting in astronomy.

So... that is venting my GGC class frustrations. I could vent about the high lunch prices and stealing my money by not giving me refunds when they make a mistake, but I won't go there. Besides, I've got to get studying. I've got a history test tonight and a government test tomorrow, and I want to do well on both of them.

1 comment:

Brittny said...

I laughed, I cried...I'm sorry that you've had a frustrating week. =(
Hope your tests went well.