Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow!!

Well, last week Georgia saw snow! It started on Wednesday. Mom, Mandy, and I were cleaning the church when it started lightly snowing. It looked like it was going to stop, but when Mom took me to chemistry, it had picked back up again. Halfway through chemistry, when the teacher gave us a break, we students peeked outside and saw that the snow was sticking. We were so excited!

The excitement soon faded. At 8 PM, thirty minutes before class was over, a security guard walked in and told us to leave the classroom because they were locking up the building early due to the snow. Mom's biology lab wasn't over yet, so I stood outside. After a few minutes, I decided that standing outside wasn't going to work. To make a long story short, I stood outside for a total of around 30 minutes and spent about 10 minutes inside Perimeter trying to thaw out. I was frozen when I got home, but I warmed out. I think it's a miracle that my pneumonia didn't take the opportunity to make a comeback.

Anyway, that snow didn't last the night. It began raining, so it melted. However, because of a fear of ice, there was no school on Thursday, but I did go in for my first chemistry lab that night. On Friday, we learned more snow was on the way.

On Saturday, Dad, Mom, and the kids went out to run some errands. Around 11 o'clock, it began to snow, and it stuck. It was coming down heavy. It snowed for about an hour, stopped, picked back up again, and then stopped again... this time permanently. The snow wasn't that deep, maybe half an inch. That evening, Mandy and I decided to throw a couple of snowballs around before the snow melted. I accidentally hit Mandy in the face with snow, and she got me a few times. On Sunday, the kids at church were busy throwing snowballs at each other. It was absolutely freezing, and I had decided, which I will never do again, to wear open-toe shoes on the snow-covered playground. By Monday morning, all the snow and ice had melted.

Check out the link for snow pictures.

http://ggc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12517&l=1e2e7&id=603748360

No comments: