Friday, January 11, 2008

The First Week Back

Well, the busy-ness has begun again. We are back into the flow of school.

Last week, after New Year's, Bethany Greer spent the night and accompanied us the next day to Dawsonville, where we spent our Christmas money. I spent half of mine on a pretty, new purse and the other half on a pair of jeans, a new shirt, a new dress, and socks. Seth didn't spend any of his that day, although later he would spend some of his money on a new computer game. Mandy later spent hers at Old Navy on some shirts and a new pair of pants. On Saturday, Dad and Mom went on a "last hurrah" before school started up. Instead of the usual dinner and a movie, they went to the High Museum of Art and ate dinner at a gourmet restaurant. They had a good time together.

My college schedule has changed this semester, which is weird but I like. Instead of going in everyday, I only go in on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (and Thursday night). This lets me sleep in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On those two days, I stay home, do homework, and clean the house. My first class in the morning is geography. The teacher is sort of quiet, and the class can get slow sometimes. My next class is English. This semester we're talking about the Caribbean and learning how to write research papers. The last class is digital media, which is dry and boring. Chemistry, which I take on Wednesday nights and go in for a lab on Thursday night, is fun. The teacher is funny, and the class has already begun to bond. So far, I don't have a favorite class, but I'm leaning more towards chemistry for that position. It is so weird to change all one's teachers and classmates; it's like the first day of school all over again. But I'm quickly getting used to it. It is nice to be back in school and to stay busy.

Well, the first week of school has ended, and everyone is tired. On the way home today, Mandy fell asleep in the car and started muttering in her sleep. Mom is currently napping, since she's been up late this week, planning for her classes. And, there is a little cause for worry since Dad's car died last night and refused to start up again this morning, even after an attempt to jump-start the battery. At least it died at the end of the week, and thank goodness Dad is still borrowing the motorcycle, or he would have never made it in to work this morning.

So, that is pretty much it. There are no new pictures to share and nothing else (that I can think of) that is exciting or worth telling about. I'll be sure to post again when something occurs.

No comments: