Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weird Weather

I think it's a proven fact that the South has some rather bizarre weather, period. Take, for example, right now. It's October 27th, less than a week away from November, and it still feels like early fall. Yesterday was so hot that I had to put on a summer shirt to keep cool, and we had to turn on the air to cool the house down. Today, it's wet wet wet with thunderstorms moving through our area (thanks to the extreme low pressure system in the northern US at the moment). In general, I've yet to wear a fleece or a sweater so far, even in the mornings or at night; at the corn maze last week, I largely went without my fleece even though I was running around. Today I noticed on campus that some people are still wearing shorts... less than a week away from November. I don't recall that ever happening before because this is around the time when I start wearing long-sleeves and thinking about my coat, but both so far are not on my mind.

I probably will not make another blog post for a while. I just got a bomb dropped on me in history class today (in summation: the students who actually do the work have to do extra work because the majority of a 3000-level class made up of mostly adults and non-traditional students is too lazy... and most of these guys are planning on being history teachers, but they act like freshmen), and I've got a huge load of work that's due for next week and the week after that and a huge history project coming up, and I can't start on most of it until either Friday or sometime next week. So, in short, I'm going to be too busy for anything else but school.

No comments: