Friday, December 11, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been busy with working on this 12 page history paper that's due next week (I can't believe that I couldn't find any books on the Byzantine empire. Thus I got stuck with the internet instead) and am battling a cold. On Monday I was feverish and just out of it, but on Tuesday I felt more functional. Right now I'm facing the dreaded dry cough. My defense? Vitamins and lots of water. Mandy also has been battling, but this time it is her teeth. The orthodontist put another wire in her mouth for whatever reason, and her gum is growing over it, which is causing some discomfort. I know she will certainly rejoice when her braces come off, as they have not been kind to her these past few years, but she has been a trooper.

Nothing much has happened this week or last except the Christmas tree on Saturday. For about a week, we had planned to get our tree, watch "A Christmas Story" (which has become an annual tradition), and have Zaxby's for dinner. The afternoon was bitter cold when we went to Home Depot to see what they had. Mandy was hilarious, trying to hold up these massive trees and nearly falling over at one point. After buying a tree we liked, we went home to decorate it. With the piano out of the room, we finally had enough space for a tree, as for a few years we never bought one. Then we watched the movie and ate supper. My favorite part about a real Christmas tree is its smell, how fresh and green it is; nothing compares to it, and I love it. The cats like the tree too... drinking from the water, that is. We're constantly refilling the bowl, but that's to be expected when you have seven beasts in the house.

Ok, back to work. Got to get this rough draft of the paper done today.

No comments: