Friday, October 2, 2009

Tomorrow!

Lord willing, tomorrow morning we're leaving for Florida. The preparations are beginning full-force with mowing the lawn, making the zucchini bread, and packing clothes. Mom and Mandy are shopping at the moment, and we're all getting excited. We haven't been to the beach since the clan visit back in 2005 (and the brief jaunt in Jacksonville in December of 2007 doesn't count), so we're looking forward to it. I'm ready to get a tan and not look so pasty (dark to make my ancestors proud :D ) and maybe to be a sand architect. Mandy and I will be sure to take a whole bunch of pictures, so I'm charging my battery to make sure that will happen. The Price boys are house-sitting for us, and so we've got to make sure that everything is ready for them. And to make sure that Chloe's cage door is securely shut; she's figured out how to push the book off the top (and chew the book too. Darn little rodent), so we're going to tie wire around it and see if that prevents her from becoming the cats' next prey.

Well, I've got to go find that elusive MP3 of mine to charge it and add some new stuff. It seems to have disappeared again last night, and I need to find it. Plus, my left hand is telling me to stop typing (I burned my index finger on the sandwich maker this afternoon, and it didn't really start hurting until I put some aloe on it. It's working in a cycle, as first it was Mom who got burned, then Mims, and now me. The kitchen schemes against us Cunningham women). So this will be the last blog post until probably next Saturday, as we're only taking Dad's laptop to Florida and we won't be using it much. So, until then!

No comments: