Friday, October 23, 2009

Sheesh....

Well, Seth about gave me a heart attack yesterday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Mom and the kids spend most of the day at Geneva-at-Home so Mom can teach and the kids get their science in. So there they were at school and I was at home, listening to pandora (love it) and just goofing off when I heard a knock on the door. I peeked outside but saw no car, so I figured it was probably a salesman or something like that. There was a more insistent knock, but I ignored it, hoping that whoever it was would go away. There was some noise on the porch, and I began thinking "what is going on?" Then, the back door opens and I hear Seth call " Ashley?" Well, what happened was is that Christopher dropped Seth off from GaH, but I wasn't expecting it. I was relieved it was just Seth, but, man, it was sort of creepy. Thanks, Seth.

Last night's youth group went well. Mom made carnitas and butterfinger cheesecake, and everyone was hungry. Everyone went back for seconds of the meal, and a few even had thirds. After eating, we sang then had our little study on purity and our calling. Then Mom cut the cheesecake, which was delicious. Ben Greer took home three extra slices for his parents and his half-uncle, and it makes me wonder if he just ate them instead. Some of the guys stayed until 10:30 talking about various subjects from seceding states, experiences with wrestling teachers who beat the crap out of you, and karate moves. Mandy and Noah, of course, couldn't play nice like cousins should, but it was entertaining to watch the two at each other's throats.

Tonight should be relaxing. Dad and Seth are going to the church's annual Father- Son campout in Winder, a big highlight each year. We girls have unknown plans except probably to sit back and watch a few movies.

Oh, an update. I applied at three places for work about four weeks ago today, but no response from any of them except "well, maybe we'll hire at the end of the month." Same thing most other places have said. Call me crazy, but I miss being employed. There's a few more places I'll be applying to, but I'm not that hopeful in this economy. Keep me in your prayers regarding this.

No comments: