Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Back!

Yes, I am back from Houston. From now on, all my music reviews/ critiques/ rants will be on ramblings of a geek while this blog will serve to detail the interesting and uninteresting events of life in Georgia, not only for myself but for the rest of the Cunningham family.

Yesterday, Uncle Cal drove me to the airport and dropped me off right before I got on the train to my terminal. It took me a little while to get my bearings, but I made my way to security. After passing the TSA with no problems, I decided to get a late lunch/ early dinner at McDonalds. After eating, I went to the gate to wait. About 4 PM, I noticed that my gate was claimed by another plane, so I asked a woman about it. She informed me that they indeed had changed gates, so I walked to my new one. The plane, however, would not leave until 5:50, which meant it had been delayed for whatever reason. The plane was the smallest one I'd ever seen. It was about six feet wide, but I didn't mind. That meant fewer passengers. In fact, I think there were probably only 20 people onboard total. It was nice to have the quiet and not to hear screaming, whining brats nearby like last time I flew. Well, about 6 PM, we pulled out of the gate and went to the runway, where we suddenly stopped. The pilot informed us that all planes headed towards Atlanta had been grounded and that we had to wait until 6:45 for more news. I checked the weather on my phone and discovered that there was severe weather over Atlanta. After a while, the pilot told us that we had to wait some more until 7:30. I was so impatient waiting to go, but I reminded myself that it was better to wait then go through a storm. Finally, we took off. It's quite a thrilling feeling, leaning back in your chair as you feel the plane pick up the speed and then realizing that you're in the air.

The flight itself was uneventful. I was glad I chose the window seat because I got to see some amazing sights. It was so cool watching the plane get higher and going over the city. Going over the clouds was amazing. It was like something out of a fantasy story. The clouds were like mashed potatoes or cotton balls (take your pick), and they were like mountains and hills, sloping into valleys and into the sea (where no clouds were it was just blue). It all looked like something out of an Arctic landscape, and it was just beautiful. The sun began to go down, and the clouds turned red and then sort of a dark gray/ blue, fading into the dark sky. As it was getting dark, the plane went around a massive anvil cloud that was probably the top of a cumulonimbus cloud. It was amazing to see the size of it as well as the dark gray top heading straight into the atmosphere. If I had my camera, I would have wanted to take pictures, but my camera is currently on-route to Atlanta and should be here tomorrow.

Anyway, it was around 10 PM Atlanta time when we landed. It lightly rained up in the air, but on the ground there were signs it had rained. I left my gate then took the train to the baggage claim to be claimed by my waiting family. I walked off the escalator, carrying my laptop in its lovely new bag (many thanks to Aunt Susie for it), when I spotted Dad in the crowd, and Seth, Mandy, and Mom made themselves known. There were hugs all around, then we fetched my luggage. We talked in the car on the way home, and I learned that on Friday there is sort of a "welcome back" party being held in my honor, as suggested by John Price. We're still confirming the guests, and I'm hoping my camera gets here before then so I can snap more pics like always :)

When we got home, I applied some tea tree oil to my red circles to see what happens. So far, it has made them look extremely dry, but I'm willing to try and see if this natural remedy works. I then began the long process of unpacking most of my stuff. I finished this morning, but I feel like I need to re-organize everything to make it neater. I also loved on my kitties, and I discovered that Oatmeal may be claiming me as his owner like Trouble did for Mandy. He followed me around this morning, and he took a nap on my bed afterwards. I didn't get to bed until 1 AM, and I woke up at 11 AM. I know I'm a slacker, but I'm going to do better.

Today is more or less my "recovery day." I finished unpacking my suitcases, I helped come up with a dinner menu for the rest of the week and part of next week, I cleaned the microwave (though I need to ask Mom if we have something stronger to clean it with), and I decided that my computer is out of commission until further notice i.e. until I decide if I want to buy a new laptop or just a new cord. It does frustrate me though because my finance sheet that keeps track of my money is on my computer, and now I can't access it to mark down what I bought yesterday.

Tomorrow, I may go apply for a job at a vet's office on Lawrenceville- Suwanee, less than five minutes from the house but too far to walk. Pray for me that I might find a new job nearby because I do want to get one so I can pay for Christ College, for a car in the future, and for a new laptop in time.

Well, I think that's the end of this post. I might snag the computer from Mandy and continue downloading some new songs (my list grew while in Houston)... if I can find them :P

No comments: