Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy Day

What a hectic day! I woke up around 10, and when Mom got home, we went shopping at Costco, as today was grocery shopping day, and Bed Bath and Beyond. At Costco we got some lunch of pizza then drove to the church to drop off and fill some boxes. It was quite the "comedy of errors" with me dropping boxes and knocking over a chair; Mom and I laughed while Mandy cleaned out her lockers. After that, we drove home to put the groceries away. My boxes from UPS had arrived, so I opened them to discover that everything was in there. They did a good job on the packing, though I was disappointed that the packing bent some of the pages of my Bible. After that, we went to Wal-mart for more shopping. I used my own debit card to buy some facial cleaner, some wipes to wipe down some things in the house, and a new purse. My old one was nice, but I didn't like the fact that it doesn't close fully. My new one is made of denim jean material and can hang on my shoulder. I'm looking forward to using it. I also bought Mandy a new wallet, as she wanted one, so now she has a Georgia bulldogs one. Then I took the cart out to the car to load up the trunk while Mom and Mandy waited for some french fries from McDonalds. When we arrived in our neighborhood, I drove to the house and pulled into the driveway. I did good and went much slower than Speed Demon Mandy who earlier had sped around a few corners. So, I was feeling very pleased with myself afterwards.

All in all, a good day. Now I've got other stuff to do like wiping down those surfaces with those lovely wipes, reading this book on ancient Ireland that Dad got at the library (I think I'm a complete Irish geek), and perhaps tidying up some other stuff. Oh, and I think this tea tree oil is helping my rash or whatever is on my skin. The oil's purpose is to dry the skin (we've used it for poison ivy before, and it works), which it certainly has done. However, the brown scab in the center of the biggest part of my rash is shrinking quickly, and all in all, it's looking better. I've been applying it roughly three times a day, once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night. And I'm going to keep doing it until the red spots are completely gone.

No comments: