Friday, July 6, 2007

Trip to the Dentist and Clothes shopping

To prepare for the trip to Arizona next week, Mandy and I needed to go shopping for shorts since neither of us have any. So, we went to Goodwill first. Now, usually, Mandy finds things and I never can. Recently, that seems to have been switched around. I found two pairs of denim shorts there, and we needed to go to Kohls, my favorite clothes store since it has cute clothes that fit me. However, we had somewhere else to go before we went out: the dreaded bi-annual trip to the dentist.

Mandy was firm in not wanting to go. When we left the house, she lingered inside and shut the door. Mom didn't fall for it and asked Mandy to come out. We arrived at the office on time, but the wait was terribly long. Mom had to wait fifteen, twenty minutes before she was called in. Mandy and I were expecting to go in shortly after her, but no. We had to wait another twenty minutes, listening to the radio and staring around the office. By that time, Mom was done. She explained to us impatient girls that our appointments were at three forty- five, not three. Then, five minutes, I was called in. It was the usual: scraping the teeth and gums and then brushing/ polishing them. The usual, "where are you going to college? Where did you go to high school?" I was warned to floss my teeth, like I am every time I go in. The dentist was another reminder to Mom that Mandy is going to need braces. We got a referral, so soon we'll go in and see what damage needs to be corrected.

Today, we went to Kohls to find shorts. Mandy found a pair, and I found an adorable dress. Then, we went to Wal- Mart, where Mandy found two more pairs. We are now ready for this trip, clothes- wise. Tonight, we're having guests over. The Price boys from church are coming over to watch "Equilibrium" with us. It has been a tradition every month or so to get together and watch a sci- fi movie. Tonight, there will be pizza and possibly a game. Tomorrow will be busy with a few events as well.

1 comment:

Brittny said...

Yeah! I love it when the hygienist starts to ask those questions while poking around in you wide open mouth like you're going to answer or something. congrats on a successful shopping trip, those are always SO nice. hope that you have a great trip!