Monday, July 9, 2007

Preparations

Well, it is almost here! We three Cunningham kids will be flying out tonight. We're really excited. But, before we leave, last-minute business must be taken care of. Seth must mow two lawns today before leaving. Mandy is babysitting Avalyn Abraham again and is spending a little time with her best bud Bethany before they are parted for two weeks. I cleaned out my camera and still have chores to do. Mandy, as usual, has already finished her packing. I don't think Seth has even started packing yet. I'm just about done, but I'm still organzing what I will carry with me to my seat and what will stay in baggage.

Here's the plan for us. Dad is taking a half- day off today and is coming home between noon and one o'clock. We'll continue our preparations until about four, when we will drive downtown. We'll eat dinner along the way then go to the airport. I'll have the camera for a few good- bye pictures. We'll go through security (thankfully Dad and Mom will be able to accompany us up to the gate) then board our plane. It will be Seth and Mandy's first time flying, so it will be a treat for them. There was some concern yesterday that we three wouldn't be able to sit together, but that was resolved this morning. Seth and Mandy are still debating over who gets the window seat. We should arrive in Arizona possibly around nine or so, Pacific time. Then, we'll drive into the mountains. We kids will have fun seeing the sights and such for two weeks. Next Saturday, which is July 20th or 21st, we shall be returning in the wee hours of the morning: about one o'clock.

I will be keeping a small journal of the trip. So, expect many posts when me and my sibs return. So, until then!

1 comment:

Brittny said...

TWO WEEKS! I guess beth and mandy will into withdrawals--probably beth mostly, you and the kids will have LOTS to see and do, have fun!