Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Career Direction

For the past few weeks, I have been praying to God for wisdom in what career direction I should take. I have been talking with Dad, and he has suggested that I become a paralegal, which would mean two or two 1/2 years of college at another college outside the county. However, today I finally received a manuscript from a Christian publishing company that I will proof so that they can see if they want me to become an editor. I am going to do the proof-testing, continue praying for wisdom, and see what comes out of it.

On a related note, I have been posting things here about the novel "War of Magic" that I started working on in April of last year. Last week, I made the decision to halt any further work on the novel. I am not happy with it, as I find it too meandering and disjointed, I am not connecting well with my characters, some editing problems, and a few other reasons. I have, in the meantime, re-connected with a novel series that I will have been working on for five years this May; I am currently working to see if I can indeed salvage it and find a way to finish the story in just two books instead of adding a third. I am still considering publishing one of my stories through createspace, but I am not sure which one it will be and am reluctant to self-publish without good feedback from other people.

Life around here continues to be busy. Mandy's birthday celebrations are next week (I can't believe she's going to be eighteen), Dad and Seth are continuing work, and Mom and Mandy are continuing to juggle school and various social events.

No comments: