Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter Weather and Music

Ok, so today is November 30th and tomorrow is December. Generally, rain at this time of year is more like cold drizzle that makes the rest of the world look gray and dreary. So, needless to say, I was not expecting a torrential downpour that looks more like a summer thunderstorm to happen this afternoon. Not only that, but apparently there was a tornado in neighboring town earlier today as well. And it's fairly cold outside, on top of that. I guess it continues to prove my point: Georgia weather is just darn weird.

Oh, and update about the howling monkeys that happened last week. I did a little research and discovered that our nightly friends are barred owls and what I heard was not a fighting breaking out between them. So, I was relieved to know that there is no violence going on outside in the early morning. I haven't heard the owls since that incident, but I hope they don't leave for the winter, as I like hearing them hoot.

Well, now that December is almost here, Christmas music has been playing in the house. I'm alternating between several artists like Enya (just discovered her "White Is in the Winter's Night" today and am completely hooked), Orla Fallon's new "Celtic Christmas" and Cadence Spaulding's "Holiday High". Enya's song, in particular, inspired me to write my first holiday/ winter-themed song this afternoon, and there is a slight possibility that more might come out of it.

Well, got to get back to history. My final paper is due next Friday, and I've had to do more research for it before giving it a complete re-write.

No comments: