Monday, December 3, 2007

Almost There!

Today marks the beginning of the last week of classes at GGC. I have this week of classes, and then three days next week for final exams. And then, I am done for the first semester! It's that time of the semester when the teachers start cramming assignments. I have an English portfolio due next Monday, a career paper due Wednesday, a few computer assignments to deal with, and upcoming quizzes and reviews. I'll be glad when this break is over. So will Mom. Her classes are almost over as well, and she definitely needs a break. At least next semester won't be as bad because her Geneva at Home class will be using a book, which will make her job a lot easier. Seth and Mandy have two more weeks of classes; they have their final exams a week after Mom and I have ours.

Nothing extraordinary has happened lately in the house. On Saturday, I was supposed to go to the youth group/ white elephant gift exchange, but my eyes started acting funky and I suspected I was getting a migraine. The migraine never came. Sadly, while Seth and Mandy were gone, so were Dad and Mom, starting their Christmas shopping. The gag gifts party apparently was fun and a large success. Mandy's gift was a huge pair of men's underwear. She's been having a bit too much fun with them, I fear.

It seems that every year in January and February, Mandy gets a nagging chest cough and always needs to go to the doctor for medicine. This year, her cough came early. Last night she had to sleep on the couch, but she says her coughing still kept her up. Dad and Mom are figuring out a way to get her prescription medicine without going to the doctor, since she's had this cough before and we know what it is.

I've been counting down the days until Brittny's wedding. I'm eager to put on that dress, the makeup, and everything. I haven't been in a wedding for years, not ever since Uncle Jason and Aunt Nancy got married and I was a flower girl. The only thing I'm dreading are my shoes. I wore them yesterday for a few hours to see how they felt. My feet were dying within fifteen minutes. I've got to practice wearing them and walking in them. Well, I still have eighteen days left to perfect a bridesmaid's walk down aisle and eighteen days to perfect standing up for about an hour at the front.

That reminds me. I have signed up for my 2008 spring semester classes at GGC. I've organized it better, hopefully, so that I only have to go in Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. And Thursday night. I'll be taking English, digital media (another required computer class), geography, chemistry w/ a chemistry lab, and political science aka American government. I'm thinking of deleting a class so that I can spend my lunch hours with my friend Blair and maybe the Tuesday/ Thursday lunch group.

Well, Spanish is calling my name. I have an interview today in Spanish, which is part of my final grade, so I better keep studying.

No comments: