Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bridal Dresses, College, and Being Social

Last week was pretty busy and not as lazy, which has been a good thing. On Monday, Bethany came over to spend the night with Miss Social Bug Mandy. The two borrowed "Aquamarine" and watched it then stayed up even later to watch another movie. Bethany's sister Brittny is engaged, and I am one of her bridesmaids. So, on Tuesday, Mandy, Bethany, and I went to David's Bridal with Brittny, her mother, and a few other bridesmaids and their kids to debate the bride's gown and the bridesmaids' dresses. Mandy and I have not been privileged to visit David's Bridal before, so it was a treat for us. There were beautiful gowns, and we sampled a few veils and dresses. The bride's dress may have already been chosen, but the bridesmaids' was difficult. There was the discussion of using a one piece dress or using a skirt and a top. So far, no decision has been made, as the bride-to-be has to sleep on it.


Well, to continue Mandy's social life. Bethany spent Tuesday night as well, and this time our neighbor Anna decided to join the two. We watched "Bridge to Terebithia," which was enjoyable. Once more, the three girls were up late and woke up early. On Wednesday, Mandy and Bethany went to a Bible study, where they would babysit some kids. While they were away, Mom and I had things to do. Mom took her midterm at Georgia Perimeter for her computer class and has an A for the class. While she was doing that, I went to Georgia Gwinnett for orientation. It was a new experience for me being in such a large school and being among total strangers. But, I survived. I have five classes for the Fall semester: Spanish, English, a computer class, history, and a stupid class on how to be a college student. And, we've figured out my HOPE thingy, so that's all squared away. And now, I can only wait for August 20th, the first day of college.



On Thursday, Mandy went with Grandpa Mike, Grandma Marsha, Cousin Sunny, and some other relatives to Lake Lanier Water Park. She had a blast. When she came home around dinnertime, Dad was shocked to learn how dark she is. No kidding, she looks darker than he is. Maybe I need to sun myself some more.

Friday was busy. Mandy babysat the Abraham girls, as she usually does once a week. We had the Allens from our church over, and we had a fun time. Sadly, one of the girls was allergic to cats, so it was entertaining to keep the cats away from her. We had a thunderstorm that night with lots of rain. Seth kept warning us when it would thunder, creating some laughs.

Saturday was busy as well. Seth and I went to a park with our youth group (today was extremely small with only five people total, including two chaperones) to mountain bike. I was the last biker, so I missed all the fun. Seth had two amazing accidents, which I missed, but the helmet saved his life. Being the man of steel that he is, he was fine. No broken bones and no stiffness the next day. I'm amazed at his toughness. I, on the other hand, had a sinus headache that day and wasn't too hot. After returning home from the park, Dad took me and my siblings over to Grandpa Mike's pool. Seth and Mandy swam, but I sat in the shade, tired and in pain. Later that night, I felt somewhat better after taking my vitamins. Those things really do work. My cold is winding down, although the cough has not.

As a small announcement, next Monday, Seth, Mandy, and I will be flying out to Arizonia to spend almost two weeks with Grandma Gail and Grandpa Tom. There will be a large update when we get back, or I shall be able to keep up the blog from a distance.

No comments: